Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ice Day

What a surprise! MK was so convinced that the sleet last night wouldn't amount to anything that she was up and halfway ready for school before I woke up to tell her she could go back to sleep. It hadn't even occurred to her to check the FCPS website. It was so nice to stay in and keep warm. It was also a good opportunity to do a little organizing. I ended up with 3 hefty trash bags full of junk to get rid of out of my scrapbooking/sewing/guest room. It was LONG overdue. Today is also Grandpa D's birthday:) Here's a recent photo:

Check out that dimple. It's been passed down to Mikey:) I had big plans to take lunch over but the ice storm had other ideas. Instead I honored him by watching Bringing up Baby starring fellow birthday boy, Cary Grant.And while I'm on the topic, here are my top five favorite Cary Grant movies:

5. Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House

4. North by Northwest

3. Charade
2. An Affair to RememberAnd my all time favorite: 1. His Girl Friday
I highly recommend all of the above!

No comments:

Post a Comment