Sunday, December 12, 2010

Tis the season

One of the rituals of the Christmas season is coming up with the picture, the newsletter, the stamps, the addresses.... all that stuff. It's a nice way to look back at our year and poke a little fun at family members at the same time. It's also nice to go out to the mail box and hear from friends and family. This is what's weird: we have turned up on someone's Christmas card list and we have NO CLUE who they are. This is the second year we've gotten their family news letter complete with picture. They seem like a lovely family. If anyone out there knows who the heck the McMullins are and why we should know them, I'd love an explanation.

In other Nielson news, Mikey got his learners and had his first "legal" driving lesson yesterday. Bruce took him out for over an hour and he's almost ready to start driving to seminary with me in the passenger seat. I'm not so sure I'm up for this, but he is pushing 17 and so I guess it's time.

Meanwhile, the Redskins suck more than Dallas and that's saying a lot. I had the Eagles/Cowboys game (poor Bruce) on in the background as I started a new quilt tonight... more on that later:)

1 comment:

  1. That's a riot getting Xmas news from mystery people! Loved your letter and photo as usual. Yeah, the menfolk in my house are pretty bummed about the dang 'Skins, too....ugh.

    ReplyDelete