Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Quilt Story

Funny how things happen. I got Christmas ready really early this year because of the progressive dinner I hosted here last week. Then, when I was sitting in Relief Society on Sunday, a quilt, made by my friend Connie, was sitting on a table for all of the sisters to sign for our friend, Donna, who just started chemo. That's when it occurred to me that I should make a similar quilt for MK's seminary teacher who also has breast cancer and will start her chemo tomorrow. On Sunday night Mary Kate and I went through my stash and picked out the fabric. I decided to back it in minkie which has got to be the softest fabric on the planet. It's been freezing and windy out so it was perfect timing to sit by the blazing (gas) fireplace and bang it out. It really looks better in person--and once the kids sign the white squares it will have lots more personality:)

2 comments:

  1. Love it, love it! So glad you thought of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful, thoughtful gift. It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete