Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tree Light Drama 2010

Today I got new Christmas lights to string on my tree. They were $13.99 for a box of 50 at BJs. I'm thinking OK, these ought to be great. I got them home and strung them on my tree and couldn't believe my eyes. The tree looked downright depressing. It was like entering an office, flipping on the switch and waiting for the fluorescent bulb to kick in. But these puppies never got past that initial flicker phase. They had the dullest glow (?) ever. The bulbs pictured on the box seemed to put out as much light. Suffice it to say that they are repackaged awaiting the trip down Rt 66 whence they came. I guess this is what I get for buying tree lights with the energy star logo on the box. I'm not exactly what you would call a tree hugger, so why on earth would I go green for Christmas? So now it's back to square one on my quest to find the old-school glass bulbs that get hot and actually light up.

No comments:

Post a Comment