Saturday, May 21, 2011

Finally a Sunny Day

We have had a ton of rain lately. Mostly in the form of whacky thunderstorms. It will be sunny one minute and stormy the next. But spring has never been so gorgeous around here so I'm not complaining.

Last night Dad went camping with Mikey. He got back home in time for the 9:00 AM Ma and Pa Trek Prep meeting at the church. Then we were off to a funeral at 10:00 where John Y. Merrell was honored by his family. The highlight being Carly and Brooklyn singing with their pure sweet voices. Then Dad spent all afternoon working in the yard. He brought an electric thatching thing that he pushed around while wearing 4 inch spikes on his shoes to aerate the lawn. No wonder he is out like a light in his recliner with the Mavs/Thunder game going in the background. (Go Mavs and Bulls.) I finally got around to planting these flowers today:Yeah, they're stock photos, but trust me, they look exactly the same. I have a long way to go to get all of my flower planting done.

When Mikey got home from his camp out/hike at 2:30 he got all cleaned up for Mormon Prom. We all met up at the Wheatley's for pictures. Their were over 40 kids from our stake there. Mikey went with Yesenia and all of his buddies from YMs and their dates:A seriously awesome group of kids. MK also went to the prom but with her BFF, Olivia, to help serve food. She had a great day playing outside with all of her buds in the cul-de-sac.

Meanwhile I love to sew, but holy moly, I can't believe the sizing on patterns! MK weighs a mere 107 pounds and wears a size 10? What the??? Oh well, the bride's maid dresses are coming along slowly but surely. But next time I think I will be measuring like crazy before I assume a size.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Mormon prom picture and it's great to see all of the girls' beautiful and modest dresses. What a great group of youth we have!

    ReplyDelete