Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spring Cleaning and Other Stuff

It's been long overdue, but today I finally got around to nuking the fridge. It wasn't pretty, but now I have room to jam even more stuff into the back to forget about til next time.

Can I just say how much Mikey is the man? He has lost 30 pounds in the past 5 weeks. He's my inspiration. Although, at my age it will probably take me 30 weeks to lose 5 pounds.

My latest project has been working with the YM of the ward to make quilt stands so that the YW and RS have them on hand. It has required lots of power tools and trips to home depot, but it will be nice to have them and not have to borrow them any more. The boys worked for 2 hours in Bro Kendig's garage under the watchful eye of Bro Neville who taught them how to use a table saw, band saw, miter saw and/or power sanders. They needed to make 16 of each of these pieces:Ripping boards with the table saw:
Using the miter saw for a nice angle:
The deacons stayed busy sanding the wood and labeling each piece.Bro Kendig doing his thing with the band saw:
All in all about 50 man hours went into the project. And when I say man I mean stud. The guys were all awesome to donate their time:) Especially with mulch madness looming this weekend! A big thanks also goes out to Bruce who made sure the boys got some chick-fil-a beforehand a to keep them happy. Even though it was cold (45 degrees) and we blew a fuse, everyone went home with all of their fingers so I'd say it was a huge success:)

PS: Here's a sneak peak of my latest quilting project:

2 comments:

  1. Awesome project! Kudos to the studs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom that's such a good idea for a project! did you just get sick of borrowing them all the time and decide to have some strapping young men fix that problem?

    ReplyDelete