Sunday, March 27, 2011

Happy 15th (?!) Birthday MK!

15 years ago I clearly remember the entire family being sick with the stomach flu. As I was cleaning up someone's barf I had my first contraction. It was 12 days before my due date. Bruce was an hour away at work. He got home and even though I hadn't had another contraction we went over to the hospital to get checked out. I was dilated to 7. Best labor EVER. I got an epidural before I even had a second contraction. They broke my water and voila, out came Miss Mary Katherine Nielson. All 9 pound 9 and 1/2 ounces of her. She was my second biggest baby (Tom was 9 lbs 11 oz) but has become my most petite child. When she was little, MK was known as Mary the mute. She never said a word to anyone outside of the fam. She wouldn't give a talk in primary until she was 5. Being the 7th child and the baby she pretty much gets whatever she wants. When we were at Safeway we mentioned to the checkout guy that tomorrow was her birthday. He guessed she was turning 12. ha! It's been fun having MK stay so young. She would rather play sports than go to a dance and she is saving me a fortune because unlike her older sisters, she couldn't care less about fashion. Since it's her 15th birthday here are 15 things that would describe MK:

1. Basketball, basketball and basketball
2. Fuzzy socks
3. Field hockey
4. Wrapping her dad around her finger
5. Silly you-tube videos
6. Skinny jeans
7. dunkin donuts after the hair cuttery
8. Eating excruciatingly slowly (although she's gotten faster over the past year)
9. Procrastinating homework
10. Playing in the cul-de-sac
11. Babysitting Miss Gwyneth
12. Not getting any sleep at girls camp
13. Bossing Mikey around
14. Photo shoots with Laura
15. Her fave TV shows: Biggest Loser, I Shouldn't be Alive, Idol, Chopped All Stars, modern family.....
OK, I know this would be #16 but how can I forget her undying love for Justin Bieber??

MK is pretty much the best. So glad she's my baby:)

No comments:

Post a Comment