Saturday, December 10, 2011

T'is the Season

Last night was our awesome ward Christmas party. There was caroling, Santa, treats and stories. But the best part was visiting with good friends:) I took Sharma Sleight's amazing Cranberry Salsa.

It's too good not to include the recipe:
1 12 oz. bag of fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
2 green onions
2 T fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp. cumin
Blend all ingredients in a food processor or a blender. Let it sit overnight. Pour over cream cheese. Serve with wheat thins. Addictive.

I also made this fudge (sans the nuts):

Fantasy Fudge recipe

MK with her good friend Janessa:

Joined by Katie and Jesse. Only two of them got the tacky sweater memo.

Mikey and MK before tonight's stake dance:


I've decided to embrace the "simplify and reduce" motto of provident living by cutting way back on my Christmas decorations this year. In other words, I was too freakin' lazy to go all out and decorate downstairs too. I'm perfectly content with my main level:)




2 comments:

  1. I'm adding that cranberry salsa to my list of recipes to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house looks beautiful. I wish we were coming for Christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete