Saturday, November 12, 2011

Crazy Week!


This past week was basketball tryouts.  MK went in feeling so so about it.  She has been struggling with Algebra II which has been overwhelming to say the least.  She also had a killer headache on day two which I'm sure affected her play, but after trying out, she still felt pretty good about her chances of making the team.  I was pretty shocked when she got in the car and told me that she got cut. How could they not want her?  MK is awesome. She is also super positive which is probably why she is taking it way better than I am. Ever since Wednesday night, I have been boiling over with righteous indignation, but I realize that I need to get over it.  It's just a silly JV team that in the long run, nobody really cares about.  A small bump in the road of life that she's already driven over.

And I mean that literally-- she got her learner's permit on Tuesday and has taken to driving like a duck to water.  She's a natural behind the wheel and on her second lesson she was driving through what I like the to call, the bowels of Oakton.  (Vale, Fox Mill, Lawyers etc...).  MK Rocks!  And so what if she has to sit on a cushion to see over the dashboard, she still rocks.

Tomorrow we are having our annual practice Thanksgiving at the Copans.  Every year we get together and force ourselves to try out new recipes.  Today MK helped me make the brine (from the Pioneer Woman's website) that I'm going to soak the turkey in overnight.

In other news, I just finished this very cute quilt (with minkie on the back) for my first grandchild who will be born in Feb in Texas and will be spoiled beyond belief:



I couldn't help myself and had to go with the little cowboy theme.  Now onto the next project....

1 comment:

  1. That quilt looks awesome! We need to have children so we can have another one of your quilts! I'm a quilt hog.

    ReplyDelete