Sunday, October 9, 2011

Some Sharma Memories


I am lucky to have had a friend like Sharma Sleight.  She was too sick to come to Laura's wedding, but wanted me to come over with some pictures of it.  We sat and visited for a couple of hours back in July as we shared photos with each other. We had a great time.  Family was everything to her.  During that visit she told me that someone once commented that it was selfish of her to use up the world's resources by having 6 kids.  We could only shake our heads and feel sorry for that person.  I have always been impressed by her knowledge of the scriptures.  It seems like she taught seminary forever and had at least 2 of my kids in her class.  I don't believe I've ever seen a more used set of scriptures.  They seriously looked like a book that accidentally fell in the bathtub, but no, they were just overly loved.  As I recall there were no thumb tabs either.  She didn't need them because she knew them backwards and forwards.  Back in the spring, my friend Connie and I both had the impression that we needed to collaborate on a quilt for Sharma and this is the result.  


The front is pretty awesome, but it was the Sleight family reunion pictures on the back that got us all teared up. Nicole was there and I brought along Laura and MK.  It was a day I will never forget.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Mom. That's a beautiful quilt honoring an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing gift for an amazing lady. She will be missed.

    ReplyDelete