Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Eukanuba Dog Show

The Olympics are over. So that means there was NOTHING on TV last night. At least we thought there was nothing on TV. That's when we stumbled onto it. The mother lode of entertainment. Dogs of all shapes, colors, sizes, and hair-dos.

t Even though I'm not really a big fan of dogs--never had one and never want one--there is just something about people getting dressed up in evening gowns/tuxedos to celebrate dogs. They'd be the ones who put bumper stickers on their cars that say "Caution: Show Dogs On Board". Like the human driving the car has less value? So along come the working dogs and the announcer is all over a certain doberman. He used the technical word for female dog at least 3 times in 10 seconds-- and I"m obviously paraphrasing but it went something like this: "She's a lovely #^*%" "You don't come across a #^%# like that everyday" and I spend most of my waking hours hanging out with a $*^$# named Peggy Sue." Of course it's an absolutely appropriate form of speech at a dog show, but MK and I are about as mature as 3 year olds so naturally she had to replay it just to make sure we were hearing it right. And then she had to replay it 10 more times because she could tell I couldn't breathe because I was laughing so hard and she just wanted to see how long I could go without air. ahhhhhhhh. DVR. How did we live without you for so long?

No comments:

Post a Comment